Grapefruit essential oil is a pure extract from the rind of the citrus fruit and has a deliciously refreshing and uplifting flavour and scent. Grapefruit is most well known for its powerful cleansing properties, making it perfect to incorporate into your skin care, as well as its ability to help maintain a healthy metabolism when usied internally*. We diffuse Grapefruit often in our home, not just because we adore the scent but also because it is so effective in lifting moods, cleansing the air and increasing energy... what a great combination!
Here are some ways you can use Grapefruit Essential Oil:
- Add a couple of drops to your drink bottle (just make sure it’s glass and not plastic!) of water to stabilise healthy metabolism and support weight loss goals.
- Replace sugary soft drinks with soda water and a drop of Grapefruit Essential Oil... it tastes absolutely divine and is great for your digestive system.. Win, win!
- Incorporate Grapefruit into your daily skin care routine to promote clear, healthy skin. Add a drop to your cleanser or moisturiser to take advantage of the cleansing benefits and nourish your skin.
- Diffuse or apply to the back of neck and wrists to lift your mood and increase energy.
- Add to DIY body scrubs or washes for its unique scent and cleansing benefits!
- Apply on your wrists and neck as a fresh, summery scented perfume, without all the chemicals.
- Take a drop under your tongue or in water of both Fennel and Grapefruit essential oils to curb hunger/sugar cravings.
Grapefruit is a household favourite in our family so be sure to add it to your collection if you haven’t yet, and if you do, go pop it in your diffuser and enjoy that unique and refreshing scent. We often add in Lime essential oil with it in the diffuser too and just love that combination, especially perfect for soaking up the summer holiday vibes!
Grapefruit is a citrus essential oil and therefore can increase your skin’s sun sensitivity. Avoid harsh sun exposure for 12 hours after applying topically if you find your skin does have an increased sensitivity.
If you’re Interested in learning even more about Grapefruit essential oil, head to https://draxe.com/grapefruit-essential-oil/
Essential Mumma x
*Please take care when using essential oils internally and don’t use cheap brands, you can read my blog on this subject for further information on the safety measures and cautions to keep in mind before using oils internally. https://www.thewholeyouperth.com/essential-oils-blog/2017/7/25/using-oils-part-3-internally