Myrhh is a rich, thick and earthy oil, sourced from the gummy resin of a small thorny tree in Ethopia. It has been widely used and greatly valued throughout history and its myriad of therapeutic uses also makes it incredibly valuable in my home! Myrhh has powerful cleansing properties and is therefore wonderful for your skin, as well as for mouth and throat health. It can promote emotional wellbeing and stability when diffused or be applied topically to promote the healing and strengthening of your skin, nails, cuticles or toenails.
- Diffuse when tension levels are high or when you want to promote peace and calm in your home/workspace.
- Add Myrhh to your toothpaste or mouth rinse to promote great oral hygiene
- Apply with Clary Sage to promote effective contractions and to help labour progress.
- Apply a drop of Myrhh (diluted in 10-20mls of carrier oil) to your newborn’s umbilical stump to promote the healing process.
- Combine with Frankincense, Geranium and Lavender and apply on your abdomen and upper thighs to support/speed up the healing process postpartum.
- Add to moisturiser to replenish your skin and help decrease the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles or scarring.
- Apply to minor wounds for cleansing and healing properties.
- Rub onto nails and cuticles to promote strength and health.
I love that this essential oil was one of the gifts given to Baby Jesus by the wise men! How special and appropriate that this precious treasure of an essential oil was given as a gift at such a momentous occaision.
Don't forget to get in touch via our contact page if you'd like help choosing or purchasing essential oils or need some advice. I would love support you in your wellness journey.
Essential Mumma x