One of doTERRA's best-selling essential oils, Peppermint not only smells and tastes wonderful but has a wide range of therapeutic benefits too! Peppermint is invigorating, uplifting and a great energising pick-me-up, plus it increases alertness and focus, so is a great choice to diffuse when studying or trying to get yourself motivated! Peppermint has a cooling effect and is perfect for when bodies are overheated or to use as a room or body spray on a hot day. Peppermint helps to maintain open lungs and airways and a healthy respiratory system and is also beneficial for your digestive system, easing motion or morning sickness, digestive discomfort or nausea. And finally, one of my favourite ways to use Peppermint is in cooking; peppermint slice, raw bliss balls and other desserts all taste incredible with a couple of drops of peppermint essential oil added!
- Add Peppermint to your diffuser to increase motivation or focus. Combine with a citrus oil for a lovely twist.
- Rub diluted Peppermint down your spine and on the soles of your feet to cool an overheated body.
- Breathe in Peppermint essential oil to open your lungs and airways and ease breathing.
- Take a drop of Peppermint in a capsule of large glass of water to calm an upset tummy.
- Use Peppermint and Lemon essential oils for a refreshing and cleansing mouth rinse.
- Apply diluted Peppermint to temples (keeping well away from your eyes) and back of neck when experiencing head, neck or back tension. For best results, combine with Frankincense and Lavender.
- During your morning shower, add a couple of drops of Peppermint onto your shower floor to give you an energizing kick start for the day!
- Apply diluted to any skin itches and irritations.
- Substitute peppermint essence for a couple of drops of Peppermint essential oil in any recipe for a delicious and beneficial flavour enhancement.
- Create a mouth spray using Peppermint essential oil or simply add a drop under your tongue to replace chewing mints and gums
- Use Peppermint essential oil in a cooling and refreshing foot bath after a long day on your feet.
- Spray around your home to repel bugs naturally.
With so many different uses and such a delicious scent and flavour, no wonder it's one to the top sellers!
If it's not already part of your collection, head to www.mydoterra.com/melessentialmumma to purchase it today!
Essential Mumma x