Roman Chamomile is sourced from the USA, and is steam distilled from the daisy-like flowers of a small ground cover bush (the heads of which are dried to make chamomile tea). The plant is commonly referred to as a 'ground apple' because of the hint of apple in its' sweet, floral scent. The calming constitutes of this oil’s natural chemical structure make it incredibly soothing for the skin and our body systems as well as having a balancing effect on mood and emotions. Take advantage of these benefits to calm and nourish your skin or hair by adding a drop into your moisturiser or conditioner. Roman Chamomile can also be used to promote deep, restful sleep by adding it into your bedroom diffuser or applying in a calming massage to the feet and along the spine of your child or loved one.
Roman Chamomile uses:
- When your child is experiencing discomfort due to tiny teeth, apply diluted along the jaw-line, behind ears and on the back of neck.
- Apply or diffuse at night time to enrich your sleep.
- Support healthy immune function by applying on your feet and along your spine daily.
- Add one to two drops to a fragrance free moisturiser to soothe dry or irritated skin.
- Drink warm water with a drop of Roman Chamomile to soothe your mind and body.
- Apply to wrists and back of neck to calm emotions and anxious feelings or to lift moods.
- Add a drop to your conditioner or moisturiser to promote youthful looking skin and hair.
- Diffuse or apply to calm an irritable, overstimulated or unsettled baby/toddler.
- Rub on abdomen to ease PMS and cramping.
- Apply diluted and mixed with lavender to soothe bug bites or bee stings.
This beautiful essential oil is now available, for the first time in a long time. It is extremely hard to source and so hasn’t been able to be purchased for the last couple of years! I was incredibly excited to finally add it to my collection earlier this year and have loved enjoying its benefits for our family. It is currently only available while stock lasts, so order soon to avoid disappointment if it’s on your wish list!
Head to www.mydoterra.com/melessentialmumma and you will have the option to buy it at retail or choose ‘join and save’ to open your own account and get access to the wholesale prices which are 25% cheaper. Please get in touch if you need help processing this or have any questions.
Essential Mumma x