Summer is here, and I must say, the weather has been glorious already! Our family can't get enough of the sun, sand and sea at the moment and are feeling lucky to be Perth locals with so much incredible nature at our doorstep!
While I have been enjoying the warm change, I am well aware that our summer weather comes with it's own challenges and that the heat can get hard to manage at times. Here are some essential oil tips and tricks that will be come in handy during the hot Australian summer!
- Use doTERRA's TerraArmour blend as a natural alternative to toxic, chemical insect repellents. This blend is so effective and it smells great as well! It also works for deterring/removing ants from your home.
- Apply Lavender to calm and soothe any bug bites, bee stings or skin irritations.
- Peppermint is cooling and refreshing so is a must have in your summer kit! Diffuse to boost your energy, drink in your bottle of water to give yourself a refreshing boost or apply to overheated bodies or sun kissed skin. You can also add a few drops of Peppermint to wet/damp face washers and store in the fridge in a clip lock/freezer bag for an incredibly cooling and invigorating refreshment to wipe over your face, neck and shoulders after exercise, working outside or for those fellow pregnant mummas who are really feeling the heat!
- For skin that has been more than just a little kissed by the sun, apply Lavender, Frankincense and Peppermint essential oils in aloe vera gel. If you have it, Helicrysum is also wonderful to add to this as it promotes and quickens the healing process.
- If your feet get dry and cracked from wearing open shoes (or no shoes at all!) during summer then make a heel balm with coconut oil & shea butter and add Lavender, Frankincense, Myrhh and Geranium essential oils. Apply to your feet each night and cover with socks to increase absorption.
- Make your own Sunscreen to help reduce the amount of chemicals being absorbed into your skin this summer, adding Helichrysum + Sandalwood essential oils. The Inspired Little Pot has a great recipe here: https://www.theinspiredlittlepot.com.au/body/natural-sunscreen/
- Drink the Smart and Sassy Blend in your water daily to lift your mood, balance your metabolism, ease hunger cravings and support your healthy summer body goals.
Add Lemon essential oil to your drink bottle to promote and support hydration in your body.
Keep your skin hydrated and smooth by applying doTERRA's unscented lotion daily and adding Frankincense and Myrhh or the Salubelle blend as you massage it in.. All of these essential oils also have the added benefit of being anti-aging!
- Use Patchouli essential oil or Balance Blend as a natural Deodorant or make your own natural deodorant paste. The most effective recipe i've found is another one by TILP: https://www.theinspiredlittlepot.com.au/body/natural-deodorant-with-essential-oils/
- Apply DigestZen to your abdomen or drink a drop in a glass of water if you overindulge in food or drink over the holiday season.
Well, that's my top 10 tips and tricks for summer.. Is there anything you'd add that you have found helpful in the warmer months? I'd love to hear your success stories and recommendations so please send me a message or comment on our social media posts... I'll feature my favourite ones on my Instagram posts or stories throughout the week!
Enjoy the sunshine and blue skies + treasure time spent with family and friends this Summer and holiday season!
Essential Mumma xx