Who would have thought anything green could taste so good?
HERE'S WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
- Loads of fibre which helps with cholesterol management and keeping bowels regular.
- Packed with lots of nutrients such as calcium, antioxidants, vitamin C, folate, vitamin A and potassium.
- Cleanses your body and digestive system.
- Easy way to increase greens in you diet.
- Very easy to digest – the blending already begins breaking down the food.
- Contains loads of Chlorophyll, the molecule that gives plants their green colour. Chlorophyll cleanses, and increases oxygen in, the blood and alkalises the body. This helps us fight off disease and infection, strengthens the immune system and gives the body more energy.
- Many contain “good fat” which gives you the “satisfied” feeling, keeping you fuller for longer.
- Very nutritious meal on the go.
- Best consumed fresh, although they can be kept in the fridge for up to three days. How convenient!
You’ll never get bored with Green Smoothies, as there are so many great combinations and ingredients to experiment with.
INGREDIENTS TO TRY
FRUIT & VEG
- Kiwi fruit
- Chia seeds
- Coconut oil
- Nuts & seeds
- Flax seed oil
- Coconut water
- Nut, Coconut or cows milk
- Chilled water
(1 tsp at a time)
- Maca powder
- Spirulina powder
- Cacoa powder
So get mixing today! I find if I've got a busy week and know my meals might be a bit more on the simple or convenient side, making smoothies packed with fruit and vegetables helps to up my greens intake.