This is a variation of 'The Healthy Chef's' Spelt + Honey Banana Bread and it works every time I make it! It is really yummy and good for afternoon teas with toddlers, we lightly toast it and serve it warm. It is quite sweet so you can always lower the honey amount and is usually nice and dense in consistency. My friend made this once and I asked for the recipe so many times afterwards.
Original (non thermomix) recipe at www.thehealthychef.com
450 g smashed ripe banana *
120 g honey (I do a mix of honey & golden syrup OR maple syrup depending on pantry)
100 g olive oil or macadamia nut oil
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla paste or extract
2 teaspoons baking powder
175 g coconut, desiccated
180 g spelt flour, wholemeal
* if you don't have enough bananas to make up the full 450g just lower the flour amount as well but leave all the other liquids as is. This ensures it is still nice and moist.
- Preheat oven to 160 C (fan forced)
- Put the smashed banana, eggs, honey, baking powder, cinnamon, vanilla and oil into the TM Mixing Bowl. With Measuring cup in, Mix for 10 Sec, Speed 5.
- Add coconut and spelt flour.
- Mix 5 Sec, Speed 4 or until combined.
- Spoon bread mixture into a loaf tin, lined with baking paper, I find using a smaller loaf tin makes the bread rise higher, approx 20cm.
- Put half a banana on top and brush with a little olive oil + melted honey (if you want to)
- Bake for 1 hour or until the bread has cooked through, my oven does this in about 50 mins. I test with a skewer to see if it comes out clean.
- Cool completely in the tin before removing.
- Eat as soon as you're ready!