Doterra body products.
For quite a few years I've been trying different natural or organic beauty products and thankfully because I have fairly normal skin most of the skin care ranges have been average to good without any major reasons for me to not use them except for price or convenience of purchase. My husband however has white sensitive skin so the biggest part of a product getting to stay in our house is if it doesn't just not aggravate his skin but actually helps to heal it.
Hair products for me have been a different thing altogether! I've been having to undo many years of bad nutrition, over styling and bleaching when it comes to my hair so as I've been trying different natural products it has been very hard to find one that has not left my hair feeling like straw or frizzy and just average.
So when I started using Doterra essential oils and I knew that Mel (Essential Mumma) had been using their hair care for a long time (and her hair is amazing!) i thought I would give it a go too! And I am loving them! Straight away I started noticing a difference in the look and feel of my hair, and because they are infused with essential oils you get all the added benefits of oils too. This also helps them smell amazing which is often a bit of a stretch for healthy products as they don't like to use fragrances and I just think they end up smelling 'healthy'. These products do have a longer list of ingredients than I would usually buy (I try and keep most of my products to a very limited ingredient list and only ones that I understand) however because of the amount of pure grade essential oils and other plant extracts in them I understand why the list is longer, thankfully with good things this time!
What I like to use regularly:
Protecting Shampoo & Smoothing Conditioner
- smells very nice
- Has really helped return moisture and strength to my hair
- Limits frizz
- Infused with oils such as lavender, cedar wood, peppermint, lime, wild orange, marjoram, lemon, rosemary, and sandalwood for cleansing, smoothing and moisturising of the hair and scalp
- Only need a tiny bit each time
- Leaves skin clear and fresh (not feeling tight & dry)
- Removes make up
- Infused with oils such as wild orange, basil tea tree, orange, lime and bitter orange for cleansing and hydration of the skin
Spa Refreshing Body Wash
- It is indeed very refreshing in its smell!
- Cleansing & moisturising (doesn't aggravate my hubby's skin so it's a keeper)
- Infused with oils such as bergamot, grapefruit & cedar wood for refreshing of the skin and uses natural surfactants derived from coconut oil to cleanse the skin
- I really like this one as it's fresh smell has been great during pregnancy for both an energising smell and I've found it ease nausea too
I like these products not just because of their wonderful natural powers from the essential oils but also because when I tack them onto my monthly Doterra order I accumulate points that I get to use either towards more of these body or spa products but also towards my essential oil collection! Win win!
Please note: you don't have to be a Doterra essential oil user to buy these products! Send mel from Essential Mumma a quick email (her contact details are on the contact us page) and she will be able to help you order them without any obligations to signing up to anything.