I love this store!!
The main reason I like to shop at The Source Bulk Foods is because they have such a huge range of Australian products that are so hard to find, especially in larger quantities in main stream supermarkets.
The Source was started by a couple in Byron Bay who had a passion for providing their local community with good quality, locally sourced produce. Once their store was busy and popular they expanded to provide bulk foods such as what you can now buy at the Vic Park store. As their business primarily focusses on selling unpackaged goods this has leant to a more affordable shopping experience for the everyday person which is really cool.
A few of my favourite things about shopping at The Source:
- Plastic free! You don't get the option to have your food in plastic or be given a plastic bag unless you take your own.
- They sell a huge range of jars, bottles and storage solutions. I buy my big bulk sized jars here and you can leave the store with them full of your selected product. You can also grab jar off the shelf and fill it up with nut butter or homemade kombucha from their taps too.
- It is bulk shopping. For things like flour, rolled oats and some nuts/seeds we really use a lot so it is great to be able to buy them in bulk.
- Their prices are competitive with main streams stores. I have not found the prices at The Source to be more expensive than buying these products elsewhere, so for Australian and Australian Certified Organic this is great quality. They also do regular specials where you can buy in bulk your favourite items on special.
- The reward program. If you sign up to their loyalty rewards, you can work towards 5% off future purchases and receive 1 loyalty point (worth 5c) for every $1 spent in store. You can redeem these points at any time to receive your discount off your next purchase.
- They provide seasonal nutritional advice and recipes in a free booklet that you can grab from the counter on your way out.
A few of my favourite things to buy from The Source:
- Australian Wholemeal Spelt Flour
- Australian Pesticide Free Almonds
- Australian Organic Rolled Oats
- Homemade Kombucha (On tap in store) I like their Ginger & Tumeric best
- A huge range of delicious bliss balls (they list all ingredients on the shelf)
- Homemade Nut Butter (on tap in store)
- Any sized jars I might need for my growing pantry (I take them back with me to top up as I need)
The Source Bulk Foods that I visit is in Vic Park at the Park Centre Shopping Complex off Albany Highway, Vic Park.
There currently are also The Source stores in Floreat and Clarkson, and a few new stores opening soon in Cottesloe, Fremantle, and Subiaco.
The online store for information and purchases can be found at www.thesourcebulkfoods.com.au.