This Soup recipe is from the Thermomix Basic Cookbook and it is 100% a staple soup in our household! So quick and easy to make and nice and healthy too (+ very yummy!).
1 Brown Onion
20 g Light Olive Oil
500 g Pumpkin, peeled, cut into pieces
1 Carrot, cut into pieces
500 g Water
1 Tbsp Homemade (Thermomix) Vegetable stock paste
Sea salt & black pepper to taste
1. Place brown onion into mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 5. Scrape down sides of bowl.
2. Add light olive oil and sautéed 3 min/120/speed 1.
3. Add pumpkin and carrot and chop 15 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of bowl.
4. Add water and vegetable stock paste and cook 20 min/100/speed 1.
5. Blend 1 min/speed 5-9 increasing the speed gradually.
6. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
I like a bit of spice so I usually add some chilli afterwards or serve it freshly cut.
Makes about 4-6 adult serves depending on bowl size. I sometimes freeze this in soup portions or in ice block trays once its cooled down for little ones to chew on.