For healthy eating and baking having a food processor is essential.
It doesn't have to be a Thermomix or even a fancy blender or processor. Part of the deal of me getting a Thermomix was that I wanted to be able to use it for everything, meaning I had less appliances cluttering up my kitchen. But before my Thermomix I used to simply use a set from Target which had a bar mixer, food processor, and whisk attachment and they worked fine in small batches. Having a large capacity processor is helpful if you're cooking for more people than yourself such as a family.
I do also like how quick and easy it is to clean the Thermomix, it rarely needs scrubbing when it's used as a food processor, mostly a quick rinse out over the sink or a pulse with hot soapy water on the dock and it's completely done! I do always do this straight away though so stuff doesn't get stuck on.
Even when I'm cooking with it I always clean it straight away and at least then it is done and clean.
How I use the Thermomix as a food processor
- Make bliss balls (recipes here)
- Make smoothies (recipes here)
- Make nut meals and flours out of grains (how to here)
- Blitz fruit and veg to keep in freezer bags or trays as additives to meals and smoothies
- Make healthy pancakes & desserts
- Pureeing soups, dips, & baby food
- Mincing meats (this is brilliant! Read more about this here)
- Making fresh pesto and dips
- Making nut butters
- Mixing curry pastes or other spice mixes from scratch ingredients
- Pureeing fruit for crumbles, cakes or toppings
- Making natural ice creams
- Blitzing and blending homemade pasta sauces
- Chopping and prepping ingredients for meals such as garlic, onions, broccoli, celery, carrot, mushrooms, tomatoes
- Grating hard cheeses such as Parmesan to keep in zip lock bags in the fridge and freezer
- Making wholemeal breadcrumbs from bread I have in the pantry
- Mincing meats
The options really are endless and I'll often be quickly putting a meal together and decide to give something a go in the Thermomix so as I come up with more ways of using it as a processor I will edit this list!